- The candidates' performance in the Written Test will determine whether he/she qualifies for further consideration.
- The Written Test will be of one and half hour (90 minutes) duration and consist of 120 Multiple Choice Objective type questions.
The questions are mostly drawn from the curriculum and the practical
experience of having performed on the job.
- The Written Test will consist predominantly of questions to test the candidates' knowledge in the subjects specified as part
of minimum educational qualifications for the post and also a few questions to test the aptitude.
- For each question there will be four options (a, b, c & d) and only one of the option is correct.
The candidate will be required to choose the correct answer and indicate choice in the Answer Sheet by shading the appropriate choice.
- The Answer Sheet is a special OMR (Optical Mark Reader) sheet. For answering the questions, there will be circular spaces in the Answer Sheet.
The chosen answer is to be indicated by completely darkening
one of the circular spaces with blue / black ball point pen. Any other method of answering will be taken as incorrect.
- Darken only in the spaces provided. Please do not do any rough work on the answer sheet.
- For each correct answer the candidate will be assigned one mark, while for each wrong answer 0.25 mark will be deducted.
Candidates are therefore advised to ensure adequate care before answering.
- If more than one option is marked, then it will be treated as incorrect and 0.25 mark will be deducted.
- Admission to this Test is provisional. The Candidate should satisfy himself/herself regarding possessing the
required qualifications (marks, age, caste, etc.) stipulated in the advertisement before applying. Mere appearance
in the Test does not entail any claim for the post. The Candidate will be treated as debarred ab-initio in case the
essential eligibility criteria are not fulfilled.
- The tentative date of Written examination shall be 20th May 2012 at different venues in Tiruchirappalli.
- The permission slip can be downloaded from this web site from 9th May 2012 (tentative) onwards by typing the
acknowledgement number and date of birth at the appropriate place in the website. It is informed that
Permission Slips will not be sent by post to the Candidate.
- The Candidate is required to produce the Permission Slip (downloaded from the Website) duly affixed with a
passport size photograph at the time of Written test, failing which the candidate will not be permitted to take
- The result of the Written Test will be published in this Website http://careers.bhel.in only.
The shortlisted candidates have to download the Interview Call Letters from this website
and attend the Interview at the place mentioned in the call letter.
- It will be the Candidates' responsibility to see the results published and attend the Personal Interview, if a candidate succeeds
in the Written Test.
- The Personal Interview will be held from 4th June 2012 (Tentative) for different trades.
The actual date, time and venue of Interview will be intimated at the time of announcement of written test
results in this website.
- Candidates called for Personal Interview will be paid second class to and fro train fare or actual fare
whichever is less, from the starting station or mailing address, whichever is nearer, on production of proof of
journey. No travelling allowance will be paid for attending the written test.
- In the event of the candidate qualifying the Written Test and being invited to attend the Interview, he/she
would be required to produce the following original documents along with one photocopy each.
The following documents need to be produced in original during the interview:
- SSLC Mark sheet, in support of date of birth
- National Trade Certificate and Mark Sheets
- National Apprenticeship Certificate and Mark Sheets
- Certificate for working experience, if applicable.
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST/OBC candidates - OBC candidates are required to submit
ORIGINAL OBC Certificate (indicating Non Creamy Layer status) issued to them.
- PH Certificate (in case of Physically Challenged candidates) in relation to their disability
from Government Hospital/Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for the handicap.
- "No Objection Certificate" in the case of candidates working in Government/Semi Govt organisations/PSU/Autonomous bodies etc.
- Discharge Certificate in the case of Ex-Servicemen along with clear documentary proof of having the required
qualification with marks statement, as per our Advertisement.
- Three photographs (Passport Size).
- The final selection list would be published on the final day of the interview by 7.30 PM at the
venue of the interview.